Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's A Reality!! Who's in?

Best Blogger Tips
I think "Art in the Park" may soon be a reality and not just some crazy idea of mine.Ever since I posted a link to this here blog on the "Every Block Chicago" website, I have gotten a ton of replies and positive responses. I was contacted by the "Director" (I think that is his title) of Indian Boundary. So I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I need your ideas! I need to know who wants to participate! Here is a small list of some ideas.
  • Artists tables/booths to show and/or sell your art
  • Local Restaurants to set up "Sample Tables"
  • Spot for local musicians to share their tunes (Acoustic Only)
  • CAPS table
  • Art Demonstrations/Kids Craft Corner
  • Rogers Park Historical Society
  • Flyers to be put up in local business windows
  • Ad in local paper
  • Advertise on Craigslist/Facebook/EveryBlock/Etc.
  • Meet with the new 50th Ward Alderman
Ok everybody.....WHAT ELSE?
What else can WE do to make this a reality and not just a dream?
What else can we do to get the word out, to get the community involved?
I want to see and learn all kinds of art mediums.
I want my stepdaughters to see what kind of art is out there. To see what they can create!

My two stepdaughters LOVE art. They love sitting on the floor with me and getting their hands dirty!
Our "score of the week" was 200+ lbs of artists clay from Freecycle! The girls sat and made piece after piece! I even installed new "drying shelves" in the art room for all of their creations.

Today they painted some of their pieces for their dad for Father's Day! It was AWESOME watching them. Watching them with amazement in their eyes as their pieces came together! Even the baby got into it. Friday night when I went to tuck them in, I found a circle of clay clutched tightly in the babys hand. She slept with it all night and wouldn't let go! That is an AWESOME feeling knowing I am teaching them little by little about my passion, about art.

So everyone, HELP! Comment on this post or send me an email  motfolio@gmail.com
Let's make this a reality! I need your ideas!

Signing off for the night! Keep On Creating!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am a local student in Rogers Park and I would be interested in setting up shop at a local art event. I have a few friends who I could contact and see if they want to display or help out as well. A local art show that did not cost an arm and a leg at which to sell would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'll be moving to Chicago this time next year and would be interested in taking part and showing my work.
    please feel free to get ahold of me via email
    jon.h.walz@gmail.com
    my work can be seen at www.dirtyfloorstudio.com

    ReplyDelete